The Development Studies Ph.D Program
DSP prepares Ph.D. graduates for careers in social science research, policy, and education related to international development issues.
- "...an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues with extensive experience in the field doing development, coming from all over the globe." -- Michael Dougherty (2011)
- "...the possibility to blend ideas, interdisciplinary theories, practical experiences, and real world issues into a delicious research project." -- Sarinna Areethamsirikul (2007)
- "...a unique opportunity to explore theoretical and methodological approaches through an interdisciplinary lens." -- Lisa Heaton (2007)
- "... the multidisciplinary training to think 'outside the box' and to combine theories and methods in exciting ways." -- Rachel Sabates-Wheeler (2001)
- "... the interaction between theories and practice, the links between intellectuals and practitioners." -- Yasushi Katsuma (1997).
- "... the theoretical and historical understanding of development, the analytical skills and the research background and program implementation." -- Malcolm Childress (1995)
- "... a unique and powerful intellectual platform." -- Burton Swanson (1974)